VAT1614H - Application for permission to opt
Having trouble viewing or downloading this form?
- Form URL
- VAT1614H (PDF, 44KB)
Use form VAT1614H to apply for permission to opt your land and/or buildings for VAT purposes
Check you have the latest version of Adobe Reader
The VAT1614H is an interactive form and is designed to be completed on screen. You must have Adobe Reader version 9.0 or later installed on your computer before you can use it. The form won't work with other PDF viewing software, such as Mac Preview. If you're not sure what version of Adobe Reader you have please download the latest version before you use the form. Downloading Adobe Reader is free and only takes a couple of minutes.
You can find more general information about PDF files from the section 'Help with PDF files' below.
If you have the following information to hand it will help you complete the form more quickly:
- your VAT registration number - if you have one
- the land registry title number - if you have one
- the total value of exempt supplies relating to the land/buildings in the ten years before the date you wish your option to tax to be effective
- details of any premiums or pre-payments of rent that you've received in relation to the land
- details of your future plans for the land/building including the value of expected supplies over the next ten years
- the expected value of future input tax which will be incurred for the land/buildings
- details of any connected parties who will occupy any part of the land/buildings
- details of anyone who has helped fund the land/buildings and will occupy any part of them
If you want to reclaim pre-option input tax you will also need the following details:
- the supplier's name
- the supplier’s VAT registration number
- invoice dates
- the total cost
- the amount of VAT
- Use form VAT1614H to apply for permission to opt land and/or buildings for VAT purposes
Help and guidance relating to this form
- Form URL
Notice 742A - Opting to tax land and buildings
Use notice 742A to explain the effect of an option to tax land and/or buildings
VAT1614A - Notification of an option to tax land and/or buildings
Use Form VAT1614A to notify an option to tax land and/or buildings
VAT1614B - Ceasing to be a relevant associate in relation to an option to tax
Use form VAT1614B to cease to be a relevant associate in relation to an option to tax land and/or buildings
VAT1614C - Revoking an option to tax within six month 'cooling off' period
Use Form VAT1614C for revoking an option to tax land and/or buildings within six month 'cooling off' period
VAT1614D - Certificate to disapply the option to tax buildings for conversion into dwellings etc.
Certificate to disapply the option to tax buildings for conversion into dwellings etc
VAT1614E - Notification of a real estate election
Use form VAT1614E to notify real estate election
VAT1614F - New buildings - exclusion from an option to tax
Use form VAT1614F to exclude from an option to tax new buildings for VAT purposes
VAT1614G - Certificate to disapply the option to tax: Land sold to Housing Associations
Certificate to disapply the option to tax: Land sold to Housing Associations
VAT1614J - Revoking an option to tax after 20 years
Use form VAT1614J to revoke an option to tax land and/or buildings for VAT purposes after 20 years
VAT 5L - VAT registration - land and property
Use form VAT 5L to notify HMRC of the specific nature of the land and property supplies you're making.
Help with PDF files
PDF is a file format that lets you view and print a document in a style which matches the look and feel of the paper version - including fonts, colours, images and layout.
To view these documents you need to use a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader.
Forms in alternative formats
If you would like an HMRC form in large print, Braille or another alternative format, please contact the relevant HMRC helpline - see the link below.