Find a form

P85 - Leaving the UK - getting your tax right


Form URL

If you have left or are about to leave the UK, use form P85 to claim tax relief or any tax refund you're owed and to inform HMRC of any UK income you continue to receive.

Send the completed form to:

HM Revenue & Customs,
Pay As You Earn,
PO Box 1970,
L75 1WX.

If you have left or are about to leave the UK use form P85 to inform HMRC of the reasons for leaving and the nature of any UK income you continue to receive

Help and guidance relating to this form

Form URL
RDR1 - Residence, domicile and the remittance basis (PDF, 443KB)
This is a guide for residents and non-residents on the residence, domicile and remittance basis rules for tax years 2012-13 onwards. It replaces the booklet HMRC6.
Form URL
HMRC6 - Residence, domicile and the remittance basis (PDF, 566KB)
Use this guide as a resident or non-resident for information on rules affecting your tax liability in the UK up to the end of tax year 2012-13 only.
Form URL
Do you need to complete a tax return?
Find out if you need to complete a Self Assessment tax return and how to get one if you do.
Form URL
Income Tax when leaving the UK
What UK Income Tax you will pay when you go to live or work abroad, double taxation agreements, more

Related forms

P85 - Gadael y DU - rhoi trefn ar eich materion treth
Defnyddiwch y ffurflen hon i wneud cais am ryddhad neu ad-daliad o dreth os ydych yn gadael y DU.

Help with PDF files

PDF is a file format that lets you view and print a document in a style which matches the look and feel of the paper version - including fonts, colours, images and layout.

To view these documents you need to use a PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader.

Get help viewing PDFs

Forms in alternative formats

If you would like an HMRC form in large print, Braille or another alternative format, please contact the relevant HMRC helpline - see the link below.

Contact HMRC