Self Assessment

Check our website

Completing your tax return (individuals and directors)
Information you'll need to complete your tax return, key steps, common mistakes, where to get help
Tax return corrections and repayment claims
How to correct a mistake or make an amendment on a tax return, how to claim a tax refund or correct an underpayment or overpayment
Problems logging in with your user ID or password?
How to get help to request replacement user ID and/or password


Self Assessment Helpline

Help and advice for customers completing their tax return and supplementary pages, or who need general advice about Self Assessment
Please have your Unique Taxpayer Reference number with you when you phone
Opening hours
8.00 am to 8.00 pm, Monday to Friday
8.00 am to 4.00 pm Saturday
Closed Sundays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
0300 200 3310
For customers who are deaf or hearing or speech impaired:
0300 200 3319 (Textphone)
A textphone allows you to type what you want to say rather than speaking into a mouthpiece. You can use a textphone instead of a voice telephone if you are deaf or have problems with your speech. It is not possible to speak to an adviser by phoning a textphone number.
If you're calling from abroad please telephone:
+44 161 931 9070


You can write to HMRC by using the postal address on the most recent correspondence from us.

If you don't have recent correspondence from us then write to:

HM Revenue & Customs
Self Assessment
PO Box 4000
CF14 8HR

If you want to complain to HMRC about the service you have received in relation to Pay As You Earn (PAYE), please clearly mark your letter as a complaint so we can direct it to a complaints handler quickly. Please send your complaint to:

HM Revenue and Customs
PAYE & Self Assessment Complaints Tier 1
PO Box 4372
CF14 8JS