Child Benefit

Check our website

High Income Child Benefit charge
Find out how your tax could be affected if you or a partner have an income of more than £50,000 and get Child Benefit, and what you need to do
How to claim Child Benefit
To claim Child Benefit you need to fill in a claim form. You can get one online, plus other information about claiming


Child Benefit Helpline

We can only discuss your claim with you personally. If your partner or someone else calls for you, we can only give them general advice - unless you have authorised them to act on your behalf.

General help and advice with your Child Benefit
Opening hours
8.00 am to 8.00 pm, Monday to Friday
8.00 am to 4.00 pm Saturday
Closed Sundays, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year's Day
0300 200 3100
For customers who are deaf or hearing or speech impaired:
0300 200 3103 (Textphone)
A textphone allows you to type what you want to say rather than speaking into a mouthpiece. You can use a textphone instead of a voice telephone if you are deaf or have problems with your speech. It is not possible to speak to an adviser by phoning a textphone number.
If you're calling from abroad please telephone:
+44 161 210 3086
When you contact us please have your National Insurance number or Child Benefit number to hand.


You can write to us at the following address:

Child Benefit Office
PO Box 1
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE88 1AA